2000. Acrylic on acetate. 16"x20".
Stygimoloch was a runt and a vegetarian, but he was far from peaceful. One look at his spiky skull would tell you he could raise a ruckus. Whether duelling over mates or fighting over territory, this feisty little reptile used his head! Pound for pound, few dinosaurs packed the punch of a charging Stygimoloch. Seventy million years before Hulk Hogan, this two-legged battering ram was rock-solid and ready-to-rumble!
- Genus Name: Stygimoloch ("River Styx and Semitic god, Moloch")
- Type Species: * S. spinifer (Galton & Sues, 1983)
- Length: 6-9 feet (2-3 meters)
- Weight: 150-220 pounds
- Time: 74-65 million years ago (Late Cretaceous)
- Place: Montana, Wyoming
- Diet: plant-eater (herbivore)
All images are protected by copyright. Permission to reproduce any image must be obtained by writing to:
email@example.com. Please see our Image Use page for more information.